Vacancy chatbot developer with Machine Learning knowledge
You will work in the Knowledge Center Artificial Intelligence of the Department of Health, Design & Technology, in which we design user-oriented digital ecosystems using innovative technology. The research project on which you will be employed is “LEDA: LEarn to analyze your own DAta” in which Machine Learning is applied in a business context through chatbots. The project will run until June 30, 2022.
• You conduct research in collaboration with researchers from EhB and VUB. Your task within this research is to build an agent that teaches the uninitiated user to deal with data analysis on a particular dataset and convert it into Python code.
• You integrate existing AI technology on the platform on which this agent runs and you support usability testing.
• Your closely monitor trends and evolutions of AI platforms, you test and analyze them. You estimate the business opportunities of these platforms.
• You can present your research to a broad audience as well as to experts.
• You report from the EhB side to the partners (VUB).
• You work systematically and meet deadlines.
• You develop a network of companies interested in using your AI-based application.
• You disseminate your research to bachelors Applied Informatics and Multimedia of EhB and set up projects on AI with students and involve them in research via a bachelor’s thesis or internship.
Within our organization we are happy to offer you an exciting and varied position in which you gain confidence, autonomy and flexibility to do your job and develop yourself personally. We strongly believe in freedom and openness and are committed to sustainability and responsibility. These values are anchored in our mission and vision and are reflected throughout the university college. We expect future colleagues to endorse our mission and vision.
Erasmushogeschool Brussel offers quality education to about 6,500 students in about 40 graduate, bachelor and master courses. In accordance with our humanist mission, we strive for individual development for everyone, in freedom and mutual respect. We offer you an exciting, varied job where integrity, trust, commitment, transparency and autonomy are central. These are not empty words from our mission and vision, but core values that our colleagues apply on a daily basis.
As a pluralistic institution, we are strongly committed to embracing diversity, permanently questioning yourself and gaining new insights. In all our employees you will also find a flexible, motivated attitude, an international mindset and the necessary IT skills.
You obtained a bachelor’s or master’s degree in the IT domain.
You meet the conditions of Articles V 106 and V 107 of the Codex Higher Education.
More than ever, IT skills for online education are a must, as is a good command of English. In this way we strengthen our international ambition together. Unexpected twists and turns such as the corona crisis sharpen your creative solution focus. You are motivated to learn and the university of applied sciences supports you and your team in this as well.
Specifically for this position, following skills are required:
• ICT – You have experience with practical implementation of Artificial Intelligence on different platforms, in particular with building chatbots and intelligent agents. Knowledge of Rasa is a big plus.
• Research – You explore the boundaries of the research domain yourself.
• Independent – You independently work out your own planning for achieving the KPIs of the project. You communicate proactively with the stakeholders involved. You are flexible, duty-conscious and goal-oriented. Deadlines don’t deter you.
• Creative – You look for new solutions within the outlines of the project.
• Taking initiative – You ensure dissemination to the study programs, the healthcare sector and the business world.
• Attractive salary – you are paid within the scale 581 (B11) or 585 (A11), according to your qualifications and experience. More information about the salary scales can be found via the following link.
• Pay according to experience – in addition to any seniority from the public sector, seniority from the private sector can count as useful professional experience, based on examination of employment certificates.
• Vacation – you can enjoy a favorable holiday arrangement; at a rate of 40 days per year for a full-time position, you can also schedule this flexibly as an administrative employee.
• Flexibility – flexible working hours and the option of flexible working.
• Commuting – full reimbursement of public transport and a bicycle allowance.
• Teacher card – with many benefits
• Resto – you enjoy food at democratic prices in our company restaurant or look for something tasty in the wide range of our capital
• Brussels – an inspiring working environment where there is something new to experience every day
Function: Contractual employee
Department: Healthcare, Design & Technology
Type of employment: Contractual – Project employee – Researcher
Required level: Bachelor / Master
Duration: 26/04/2021 – 31/12/2021. Extension is possible after positive evaluation.
Closing date: 19/04/2021
To apply, please visit our job site https://ses.ehb.be.
You can only apply digitally via our job site. Register and add your resume, diploma, motivation letter and possibly portfolio to your profile. Once you have registered, you must also apply for this position. Unfortunately, we cannot accept applications that do not reach us on time via our site. So make sure that you go through all the steps properly. After a successful application you will receive a confirmation email.
The vacancy will be closed on 19/04/2021. In the following days, we screen all applications based on the file in SES. As a university of applied sciences in super-diverse Brussels, we want to be a reflection of society; that is why we only take your diploma, skills and qualities into account when selecting candidates. Your age, origin, gender, religion… don’t matter.
If you are our match, the selection committee will invite you for an interview. This is planned for this position on April 22nd. Due to the corona crisis, your conversation can continue online, you will receive more information by email when you are invited.
If you have any questions about the content of the position, please contact Catherine Middag, senior researcher (email@example.com).
If you have administrative questions, you can contact the personnel department via firstname.lastname@example.org.